Thursday, January 7, 2016

[TSOM-Announce] 2016 TSOM election

     There has been an unfortunate turn of events with our upcoming election.  As most of you have probably heard, Mr. Scott Chase has decided to drop out of the race for TSOM president, leaving only one person of the ballot for that position.
     I have been asked to make the decision as to holding  the election as planned, delay the vote, or allow at the last minute another name on the ballot.
     We shall have the election as planned ant the Four Seasons on January 9th, with the names on the ballot of those who have gone thru the normal process and have remained as candidates.
     I believe  we must adhere to correct procedure, and my interpretation of the events of the last few days is.... There is no reason to delay the vote, or add another candidate at the last minute to the list of those running for office.
     As I have mentioned on Facebook, there will be those not particularly happy with my decision.  Please do not vent any displeasure with the standing board members....come find me.  I'm still acting president til the stroke of midnight on Saturday, and I'll be the one to take any heat, not my board.

                                                                                     Rueben Hansen
                                                                                     TSOM president  

No comments:

Post a Comment