Tuesday, September 5, 2017

[TSOM-Announce] Fwd: All things tango @ Tango and I - September 2017 edition



September! Changing of the season

Changing of directions  in your dance. 

That? cool, let's learn That in class?!?

Not as dramatic as a lift, a change of direction can be done in tango all the time. Creating new opportunities in the line of dance. It was in  Gustavo  Naveiras class that I was introduced to these possibilities. He and his  friends enjoyed playing around with blocking the given direction the follower was suppose to take after a clear lead, and suddenly change their minds.  
We will start in the All Level class with forward and backward ochos. To change the direction, you first have to give a very clear signal as to where you are going to go!  We will end up this month with a  world of possibilities; You are the ones that will start playing with options.
Wednesday evenings 
@ Dance Life Ballroom
6.30 Beginner class - see curriculum   taught by Sabine, Marcy, Morgan 
7.30 All level class - Forward/backward ochos & Changes of direction. taught by Sabine, Avery, Marcy, Morgan
8.30 Intermediate/advanced - Changes of direction, taught by Sabine

Saturday mornings
@ Tango and I Studio
10am Beginner class
11am - 1 Practica

Private lessons???
Certainly we can!!
check availability here

 

Get the music in your body!

You will want to move when you listen to this variety of tango songs. Most of them we will use for this month CHANGE OF DIRECTION in class!!  What does that mean? Well, show up and find out.  In the mean time, click on the image and listen to the music on Spotify!!

Listen while you work...

Joe Yang, our tango neighbor in Madison, has started a fun and informational program. Listen to his podcast interviews with tango experts.

Tango Society of Minnesota - Sept. 9 milonga

Tango and I will be teaching the introduction lesson this Saturday evening at the TSoM milonga in st. Paul.  Come and dance/play with all Minnesota tango dancers!!!   info???

On a personal note ( :

Life is something that many dancers compare to tango. How your body will perceive movement, emotional attachment to music, a connection made, a shift in your being, a small technical pointer that will change the outlook in your life and dance. Milestones that are reached, losses that are felt and shared. The body does not lie.

July 31st I celebrated my 25th wedding anniversary. John and I were surrounded by people that we hold very dear in our heart, we had a lovely, happy  time. I felt complete, and connected to my husband and my friends and family. 

A week prior to that I lost a friend, and former tango student of mine; Josh.

In November of 2016 he had just said yes to becoming the latest of our Tango & I team members, and join the "fast track"  He was looking forward to helping out in lessons and practicas and dig in his heels to both lead and follow.  Such a lovely soul. I was able to feel his spirit very close to me as we danced the  last tango 2 days before he passed away.  I will remember Josh as a loving, kind, giggling tango dancer.

When I move, when I dance tango, I feel. I close my eyes and I connect. Connect to my inner self, and partner. And that - that makes me feel close to my sweet friends either in this world or beyond.  I dance because I am Tango & I......

Warmly,  Sabine Ibes
 

James Sewell Ballet

Very happy to be collaborating with James Sewell and the Ahn Trio this year. Early November 2017 3-5 at the O'Shaughnessy Theater . I started listening to their music a long time ago. These 3 sisters know how to bring it!! To be working with their music  in a live setting will be a special treat. James Sewell Ballet will be presenting a variety of artistic pieces those evenings!    Buy your tickets today!!

Copyright © 2017 Tango and I, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Tango and I
5816 Pleasant Ave
Minneapolis, Mn 55410

Add us to your address boo




--

No comments:

Post a Comment