Wednesday, July 2, 2014

[TSOM-Announce] FLORENCIA'S MILONGA INTENSIVE JULY 13 @ JAWAAHIR, PLEASE CONFIRM ATTENDANCE

Hello everybody,

I am excited to do this intensive again.
This will be my second last intensive and we'll have one more in August before I leave.
4 Seasons is too busy on that date so we will do it at Jawaahir Studio (Minnehaha & Lake St) this time so I will need your confirmation of attendance ASAP in order to reserve the place.


The intensive:

I created this intensive to introduce students of all levels slowly in to milonga patterns so they feel comfortable with it.
I usually start with a "candombe" warm up, then simple milonga patterns and soon we'll start playing with traspie or syncopated milonga patterns.

I would like to honored 3 of my teachers and milonga mentors on this intensive.

Pepito Avellaneda:

Tomi O'Connell:

Pocho y Nelly:

I still have sweet and fresh memories of Pepito and I performing together in Brussels on 1993 at La Madeleine for a beautiful Tango Festival organized by Gladys Fernandez & Pablo Inza, we were accompanied by Gustavo Naveira & Claudia Rosenblatt, Paola Parrondo & Claudio Hoffmann. I was traveling from Paris at that time and Pepito had not partner with him, I was his student and my friend Gladys, the organizer asked me if I would partner him. I felt so honored to accompany Pepito on his demos even though I felt so new to tango at that time. It end up being an unforgetable night, unfortunately I don't have any digital recording of it, only VHS. One day I may transfer it. :)



Time:  5 to 8:30 pm  


Cost:  $85 or $45 for full time students or Dana (Give as much as you can)


New Location for this time:   Jawaahir Dance Company Studio
                                              3010 Minnehaha Avenue
                                              Minneapolis MN 55406

Our main entrance is off the lot on the south side of the building, shown in the picture. Go through the red and yellow door that is in the part of the building that juts out in the northwest corner of the south parking lot. We share this entrance with Patrick's.

Parking is easy. Parking options include the parking lot on the south side of the building, the parking lot on the north side of the building next to the police station, and ample street parking.

Transit Information
Bike racks are right outside the studio door,
We are on the 7, 21, 27, and 53 bus routes (info),
We are 2 blocks west of the Lake Street-Midrown light rail stop (info),



PLEASE CONFIRM ATTENDANCE ASAP!!


Gracias!!!!

Florencia





Florencia Taccetti
U of M Affiliated Dance Faculty
www.florenciataccetti.com


"All human beings have in their inner selves, in their souls,
a very mellow sound, their note,
which is the uniqueness of their being, their essence.
If the sound of their actions
does not harmonize with that note, that person can not be happy. " Sophia Prokofieva


"Todo ser humano tiene en su interior, en su alma,
un sonido bajito, su nota,
que es la singularidad de su ser, su esencia.
Si el sonido de sus actos
no coincide con esa nota, esa persona no puede ser feliz. "   Sophia Prokofieva


No comments:

Post a Comment