Tuesday, July 1, 2014

[TSOM-Announce] FLORENCIA'S LAST 6 WEEKS SERIES

Hello my dears,

Time past very quickly and I am getting ready to leave on August 24th, plus I will be gone on the second week of August teaching in Cincinnati.
That's why these will be my last 6 weeks in town. I may be able to teach only one more class after back form Cincinnati.

I am leaving for good this time and don't have any idea yet when I will be back.
It could be this winter, or next spring or never again. :) 

I need a work visa to reenter the country and I have not more energy, neither money to work on it right now.
I have to help my family down in Argentina and nourish my self from my roots and my tango again.

I've been giving so much to this community in the past 14 years and even more than the whole community could perceive or appreciate for sure.
I need to thank the students who have been with me consistently from the beginning with unconditional love supporting my classes.
I am sorry for the ones that could not understand me and the many valuable gifts that I have been sharing with this community.
I apologize for not having the tools that I have now to communicate better at that time.
I am very thankful for how much you guys taught me and how much I learned by being in this amazing city.
I will miss it for sure.

I am hoping that you never stop observing, sharing and learning this amazing dance.
In my perspective the community needs more confident leaders and that confidence is not going to be gained if they don't attend classes or if they don't stop playing on the surface and start diving deep inside the dance.

I see the effort of the ladies attending the classes but not as much on the leaders and when that effort is not made equally, the community gets tired and starts to worn out.
This is only an observation of truth, I am not criticizing and as we recognize and accept the truth then we have the chance to change it. :)  

Remember that this is not a dance that is learn in group classes, is a dance that can only be learned in one on one sessions, so try to be responsible for that truth as much as you can. Then go to group classes just to be inspired, have fun and keep practice on things under the great guidance of your teacher.

I'll be back teaching workshops and privates in the future so you will still have the opportunity and the bless to be touch by my tango hands. :)

As I will be in town from now until the 1st week in August, we will continuous with classes every wednesday.


WHAT ARE WE WORKING THIS MONTH?

"HOW TO FIND YOUR TANGO AXES"
This is the first time I am telling you the truth about the topic we are working in :), and that is the only reason why we have been working our way to enrosques and lápices because in order to find them you will be obligated to find your axes first. Enrosques, lápices and molinetes for the ladies are places where you can not cheat. So you should welcome the opportunity, yes?  Does it heart?  Not it doesn't, it will only make you dance better, so smile and be a tango happy person. :)

We will find our axes working throw all this fun material :

* Embellishments before and during the salida
* Turned salidas
* Giros with enrosques
* Low and rhythmic back boleos
* Paradas & pasadas with embellishments for both ladies & gentlemen.
* Double lápices
* Elegant change of directions
* Forward enrosque
* Calesita with ladies embellishments


You can watch them all on this beautiful tango-salon video from Paola & Facundo:



Wednesdays  July 2 to August 6,  8 to 9:30 pm at 4 Seasons Dance Studio
Cost: $95 or $20 each.

PLEASE SPREAD THE VOICE BETWEEN YOUR TANGO FRIENDS WHO HAVEN'T BEEN IN CLASS FOR A WHILE SO THEY CAN ATTEND MY LAST CLASSES.
IS OPEN TO ALL LEVELS, EVERYBODY IS WELCOME!!!

See you all tomorrow!!!

Florencia




Florencia Taccetti
U of M Affiliated Dance Faculty


"All human beings have in their inner selves, in their souls,
a very mellow sound, their note,
which is the uniqueness of their being, their essence.
If the sound of their actions
does not harmonize with that note, that person can not be happy. " Sophia Prokofieva


"Todo ser humano tiene en su interior, en su alma,
un sonido bajito, su nota,
que es la singularidad de su ser, su esencia.
Si el sonido de sus actos
no coincide con esa nota, esa persona no puede ser feliz. "   Sophia Prokofieva


No comments:

Post a Comment