Wednesday, April 16, 2014

[TSOM-Announce] My first quarter on the job

Dear TSOM members:
    
     We've just finished up the first quarter of this new year and I'd like to thank you all for your support and great attendance to our first Milongas of the year, in spite of the worst weather in almost 35 winters!  We've started out the spring season with a great Milonga at the Four Seasons, and I'm looking forward to our May Milonga, also at the Four Seasons, complete with live music from Bob Barnes and his group.  After tonight's snow shower, bring on the warm weather with a tango!

     As your new president, I have a few ideas I'd like to see implemented during my two year term, and will be sharing those with all of you a bit later.  For now though, over the next few months, I'm planning on visiting all of our community DJ's and teachers on a one to one basis to introduce myself and talk shop.  Some of them I know quite well, others I need to get to know better.  The heart and soul of our group is the way I think of these wonderful people;  They're one of our biggest resources!


     Coming into the spring and summer, we have some great events to enjoy.  In June, the TTC  tango camp will be once again held by Sabine Ibes and her group, giving the community a great chance to learn and enjoy from some great instructors and dancers.  Along these lines, TSOM will not be holding our 2nd Saturday Milonga, as many of you will be attending this four day event.

     So think positive Minnesota;  After tonight no more snow!  And if that's the case, lets all get out and dance a tango or two. 

                                                                Have a good Easter weekend all,
                                                                Rueben Hansen
                                                                TSOM President



 

    

     
    

No comments:

Post a Comment