Friday, April 18, 2014

[TSOM-Announce] FLORENCIA TACCETTI WORKSHOPS COMING NEXT WEEK-END!!!

Hello everybody,

I've been having a difficult time supporting my mother that is very ill in Argentina.
Thanks to the new medications and her amazing life force she is still with us but I don't know for how long.
That is one of the many reason why I can not plan to stay longer in Minnesota.

Just a reminder about the workshops.
The workshop has a value that matches my talent and dedication as a teacher, my years of experience and my trajectory as a dancer and performer as well.
I have been dancing tango for almost 30 years and before that I was part of the Contemporary City Ballet of Buenos Aires.
I've been studying dance with the best modern dance companies in Europe on the 90's, movement analysis, biomechanics and many other disciplines related with dance and theater for 40 years until today and all that blend of amazing knowledge is what I apply in my classes with the same love and dedication that I always gave to my students from the very beginning.
I've been teaching and partnering many of the teachers in the US that you take workshops from today. :)

Beside all that, I understand that everybody has a difficult time to afford tango workshops today when spending in tango lessons is not a priority, of course.
I have been very flexible always but even more lately knowing the situation and trying to accompany the times with understanding and compassion.
I will be very flexible with students who really want to attend this classes and can not afford the whole price.
If that is your case I'm here to help, so you don't have to worry, talk to the person who does registrations at the door and just pay what ever you can, you will be as welcome as everybody else, you don't even have to talk to me but you can if you wish. 
I've been always appreciated other teachers who did the same to me in the past when I could not afford classes and I like to do the same to the ones who really needed.

I am resending the flyer for the workshops.
I decided not to do pre-registrations, if you are coming you can pay at the door but I will appreciate if you can let me know if you are coming and when are you coming if you know that in advance just to have an idea of how will be the gender balance.

Women who want to lead or men who want to follow are always welcome but you have to let me know in advance and will be best in that case to bring a partner to switch role with for the entire class but it can be different, just let me know in advanced if you can.

Of course the workshop was designed for students to get most benefits if they attend the whole week-end but you also have the option to attend one day only if you can not do other.


See you very soon!!!!


Florencia 




Florencia Taccetti
U of M Affiliated Dance Faculty


"All human beings have in their inner selves, in their souls,
a very mellow sound, their note,
which is the uniqueness of their being, their essence.
If the sound of their actions
does not harmonize with that note, that person can not be happy. " Sophia Prokofieva


"Todo ser humano tiene en su interior, en su alma,
un sonido bajito, su nota,
que es la singularidad de su ser, su esencia.
Si el sonido de sus actos
no coincide con esa nota, esa persona no puede ser feliz. "   Sophia Prokofieva


No comments:

Post a Comment