Sunday, January 5, 2014

[TSOM-Announce] JANUARY CLASSES WILL START THIS WEEK ONLY WITH YOUR PRESENCE, PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDANCE!!!

I see a lot of people wondering around with this hard cold weather, not making easy decisions about coming to classes and I am asking my self why?
Why people don't come to classes?
When there is something that I really love, nobody neither the worse weather stops me to do it.
How strong is you spirit about dancing and improving your performance for this dance?

I am not from Minnesota but I celebrated my New Years Eve in Lutsen, close to the Lake admiring the beautiful forms that the winter makes on those places.
I was inside most of the time of course, it was way too cold to be outside but I was so happy to see the spectacular view from the window and my body wanted to be outside touching the experience even with the cold. 
I was not alone and my friends had a baby with them so we could not plan to be outside which I really missed, if it would be just me I would do it for as long as my body could resist it. :)

What do we do to feed our passion for the things we think "we love"?

Well, unfortunately, if you love your tango as everything else in life, you need to give food to it and the only way to offer the gift of tango to any partner that you would like to invite for a beautiful dance at the milongas is to challenge your self in to a higher level.

I see a lot of people in this community saying, that's it, I don't go out of town to dance, I only go to the milongas here and people are so nice here that why bother with taking classes if everybody will dance with me anyway, yes?
That's totally truth and unfortunately that immediately sets a limitation.
We can only grow this much and that's it.

Don't you think that your partner may deserve more than what you have to offer?
Don't you think that by offering more you can make your partner and your self happier and grow in to an unforgettable experience?

I think everybody in this community has the talent to grow higher than you think you can, you just need to trust that you can and do it.

Well, for the ones who love them self a bit higher and think they can learn, enjoy, improve and give more to their partners, for those is that I design all my classes.
If you haven't been in classes for a while this is the perfect time to get back.
I won't be here for ever so there is not time to waist.

WEDNESDAYS JAN 8 to FEB 12    INTERMEDIATE VALS  8 to 9:30 pm
Vals musicality, how to double on a 3 beat measure. Followers & leaders technique on turns. Special vals figures that you don't do in tango.
Extremely fun!!!
Cost: $90 for 6 classes or $20 each


THURSDAY JAN 9 to FEB 13    ALL LEVELS TANGO  8 to 9:30 pm
Paradas, pasadas, cross system variations, how to turn the floor as you progress in line of dance.
Simple turns.
Cost: $90 for 6 classes or $20 each


All classes are held at 4 Seasons Dance Studio, 1637 Hennepin Ave South.
Full time students with id have a 50% off all prices.


PLEASE SEND ME A CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE IF YOU CAN.


See you on wednesday!!!

Florencia


PD: Info about Argentina escape in March is coming soon!!!
Would you like to be in a warmer place dancing tango in 1940's Salon with great DJ's, swimming warm rivers with waterfalls and natural whirlpools, hiking 2800 meters mountains, visiting one of the oldest Universities of South America, relaxing in a nice cabin watching a silent valley or barbecuing?  Cordoba, Argentina offers all that.
We can flight directly there with Lan Chile stoping in Santiago, much easier than from BSAS unless you need to ad BSAS to your trip. 10 days total from friday to sunday, so you only miss a week at work.






Florencia Taccetti
U of M Affiliated Dance Faculty


"All human beings have in their inner selves, in their souls,
a very mellow sound, their note,
which is the uniqueness of their being, their essence.
If the sound of their actions
does not harmonize with that note, that person can not be happy. " Sophia Prokofieva


"Todo ser humano tiene en su interior, en su alma,
un sonido bajito, su nota,
que es la singularidad de su ser, su esencia.
Si el sonido de sus actos
no coincide con esa nota, esa persona no puede ser feliz. "   Sophia Prokofieva


No comments:

Post a Comment