Tuesday, January 7, 2014

[TSOM-Announce] "FLORENCIA'S MOST POPULAR MILONGA WORKSHOP" is back on SUNDAY JANUARY 19!!!

Hello everybody,

A lot of people were asking me why we haven't done any milonga workshops since last spring and the reason is that I was getting ready to move, then I did move and then I would still unpacking until only a month ago and now I have to start moving again.
It looks that this year was made for me to practice moving. Ha, ha!!!

I would not leave without giving you at least 2 workshops before I go, both of them on the 3rd sunday of the month.
January 19 and February 16 will be the next one. Mark your Calendars!!!
I had to change for sundays because now on saturdays I teach a tango performance class.

What do we do on this workshops?

We warm up with very basic african rhythms, lots of fun, nice workout for everybody and specially on this cruel weather.
Then I start introducing basic milonga patterns and pretty soon we go in to MILONGA TRASPIE (syncopated milonga)
I show simple patterns that are easy to combine together and that helps to understand the musicality of the Milonga.

Is a 3 hours workshop but we take a brake in the middle to drink mate and some tea snacks.
If you haven't try mate yet you should read this:

FLORENCIA'S MOST POPULAR MILONGA WORKSHOP
JANUARY 19   2 to 5 pm 
@ 4 Seasons Dance Studio
1637 Hennepin Ave South, Mpls. MN 55403 (Alley entrance)
Cost: $90


Watch this fun milonga from Miguel Zotto, my first tango teacher ever, dancing with his new partner and wife.



SEND CONFIRMATION OF ATTENDANCE TO ENCOURAGE GENDER BALANCE BEFORE THURSDAY JAN 16TH.

See you tomorrow for our VALS CLASS!!!

Florencia







Florencia Taccetti
U of M Affiliated Dance Faculty


"All human beings have in their inner selves, in their souls,
a very mellow sound, their note,
which is the uniqueness of their being, their essence.
If the sound of their actions
does not harmonize with that note, that person can not be happy. " Sophia Prokofieva


"Todo ser humano tiene en su interior, en su alma,
un sonido bajito, su nota,
que es la singularidad de su ser, su esencia.
Si el sonido de sus actos
no coincide con esa nota, esa persona no puede ser feliz. "   Sophia Prokofieva


No comments:

Post a Comment