Friday, December 2, 2016

[TSOM-Announce] Fwd: December Tango&I newsletter




Reflecting back on 2016
10 year anniversary pictures
December classes
Learn how to teach tango
What is happening with Tango Fusion Milonga
NEW:Saturday 10 am tango technique classes
Save the date: January 13 Graduation Ball
View this email in your browser

Sabine's 10 year teachaversary 

it was so much fun seeing everybody a couple of weeks ago at the Tango & I special practica. Your loving tango spirits and smiles keep me going! I appreciate all the sweet words, and gratitude that was given to me that morning. A very warm thank you to all of you!   Sabine


Looking back

When December rolls around, I am always left wondering where does the time go? When I reflect on 2016 I can see where tango has been taken a lot of my time, and loved every minute of it.  In a "normal" week I dance/teach/study tango for a minimum of 26 hours, and that does not include my social dancing hours, nor my tango writing and planning. When I went to Buenos Aires for 6 weeks, the tango hours changed dramatically! The other part of my time, is spent in the garden, this starts indoors in the early spring with planting seeds. I absolutely love to see them breaking the black earth, I get a little giddy even thinking about it. The smell of the fresh earth and tiny green plants in my little green house makes one see the beauty of our planet. And then there are my 5 spirited chickens. It's a joy sitting with them as they peck around my rubber boots, every time hoping that the buckle is indeed a morsel of food. These girls lay golden eggs. Though in the winter, and when they molt, hardly any eggs to be had. But when they lay, and you bring a fresh and warm egg to your kitchen, oh, so incredible tasty! 

My social life is a rich one with my sweet family and friends. I started a MIT course online, all incredibly illuminating. Leaving behind the 3rd TTC tango weekend, grant writing, attending school recitals and dance performances for my daughter, planning parties, workshops, dinners, traveling, work and play, and a cat that likes adventures; that is where my time went. I have had an incredible year, in which Argentine Tango guided me to new places and is showing me so much more than to be "just" a dance. Now if only I can find a way to slow time down. Maybe I will make the month of December like the ending of a great dance: the music slows down, your body feels the floor, the music, the warmth of your partner, you feel alive. And as it stops you linger in the embrace finding the breath and within that, the courage to look around you as you notice that it was not just you and your partner dancing, but the whole world with you.    

Wishing you a lovely 2017, looking forward to seeing you in our classes!

With warmth, Sabine

December Holiday tango surprises at Tango & I
Saturday December 24 & 31 NO PRACTICA and NO LESSON
Saturday December 24 NO Tango Fusion


But Wednesday December 21 and 28 Classes per usual!

Beginner Foundation classes
Every Wednesday evening at 6.30 and Saturday morning at 10
A very detailed curriculum you can find right here!

All level tango classes
7.30 Wednesday Tango surprises, especially designed for the holidays. Walk in classes for this month only!  Every class will stand on its own! Megan, Avery, Marcy and Sabine are working and putting the bows and holly on all the tango beauty for you to come and un wrap in the classes. It could be a Volcada, or a fun musical embellishment, it might be an exciting back wards sacada, or maybe you are hoping for a valz choreography?  

Intermediate and advanced classes
8.30 Wednesday Tango wish list class.  This month only: walk in classes, every class will have something else to offer.
BUT You have to fill in YOUR wish list!  What would you like for these holidays? What is on your tango wish list? You can send me a video, or a movement you have been wishing to do. Anything goes!  Send your wish list here

Come and Practice with us!  Every Saturday morning 11 till 1 At Dance Life Ballroom in Minneapolis

 
Want to learn to TEACH TANGO?
Well, at Tango & I we have a program just for you: it is called "the Fast Track"  When you take tango seriously, when you want to give back to the tango community, when you want to speed up your own learning process AND when you are willing to commit your time and become part of the Tango & I team!  Want to know more? Click here and find out! 
Tango Technique classes 
Saturday January 14 and January 21  10 am @ Dance Life 

At Tango & I we are getting ready to start regular tango technique classes. These are designed for leaders and for followers and every level of dancer! Practicing tango movement should be done in a safe and kind way for your body, and should be practiced regularly.  A little tango work out before you go to the practica. Where you can immediately implement the new found movement with a partner!  Cost will be the same as a regular class at Dance Life.   Get better faster, put some sass in your tango - join the tango technique classes.
News flash!
Tango Fusion will change it's name and will have a new host ! Sabine Ibes started Tango Fusion over 10 years ago! And she is passing the baton to Paul Lohman!  Every fourth Saturday, Paul's inauguration will be January 28!
Graduation Ball Tango TOO Challenge Team
Mark your Agenda:  Friday January 13th at Four Seasons, our Tango & I Challenge TOO Team will officially graduate! please come and join them and their guests in the celebration! Christopher Everett will DJ that evening!  
Copyright © 2016 Tango and I, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Tango and I
5816 Pleasant Ave
Minneapolis, Mn 55410

Add us to your address book




--

No comments:

Post a Comment