Wednesday, November 20, 2013

[TSOM-Announce] The last Puro Tango

Dear friends and patrons, this Friday will be last Puro Tango on the fourth Friday of the month . It saddens me to give it up but it is not sustainable anymore. Four Seasons has been extremely generous in allowing me to continue as long as I have. They have not been paid what they should for a long time now , and quite frankly it is not enjoyable when so few people attend.
When I began the milongas about 15 years ago There was nothing except Tsom and Friday night was a good night. For many years the studio did it for next to nothing and I did it for free every Friday. As the community grew and my life changed David Rost took on a night so I could have some family time and he was the person to do it , having a considerable collection and love of the music. Years later Christopher arrived and I thought with his enthusiasm and knowledge that i could give up another Friday.
Now there are so many venues on so many nights , that something had to give. I think with back to back milongas on friday and sat on the fourth friday sat. seems to be the better night , people are rested.
That said this will be the last Fourth friday of the month milonga . I would like to and will endeavor to continue the third friday, that is up to the community though. I still remain passionate about the music and the dance and would hope that having just one milonga
will help it to remain open, again people vote with their feet so we will see.
I want to thank the devoted who have always been there and the community as a whole for the years of pleasure.I wish I could be more supportive of the other milongas but Fri. night has been my only free night for years. Sat. night is my night with my son and I would give that up for nothing on earth.
I hope to see some of you on this last Friday, and thank you for years of pleasure. Again, I will continue the third fri.milonga for the time being.
There may be rare times with teachers in town that we will have a milonga if the timing is right and there is a need for one.

besos
Michael
_______________________________________________
Message originators are responsible for the timeliness and content of their messages. Likewise, promoters are responsible for their TSOM calendar entries. TSOM simply forwards Minnesota Tango related messages as provided, in service to our subscribers and presents the calendar on our website, www.mntango.org

_______________________________________________
Tsom-announce mailing list
Tsom-announce@lists.mntango.org
To change or remove your subscription, please see:
http://lists.mntango.org/listinfo.cgi/tsom-announce-mntango.org

http://lists.mntango.org/listinfo.cgi/tsom-announce-mntango.org

No comments:

Post a Comment