Friday, April 17, 2020

More Tango Movies for Your Watching Pleasure

TSoM News is a service of the Tango Society of Minnesota.
Become a supporting member today at: 
https://www.mntango.org/membership/

please note: replies to this email DO NOT go back to the original sender
Hi all,
Inspired by Fran, , I made a list of some movies that I recommend. There is always someone who is looking for a recommendation and missed one or two of them:

1- Shall we dance - the most recent version with Jennifer Lopez and Richard Gere is VERY cute, but the older version is good too (but I think it has less glamour)
2- Dance with me (1998) - with Vanessa Williams and Chayanne - very charming and lots of ballroom dance.
3- Take the lead (2006) with Antonio Banderas - based in a true story and the cherry in the cake: it has Banderas! 
-4 Assassination Tango (2002) - Robert Duval - I'm sure most of our clientele already watched, but it does not hurt remind that it is a good movie - I love how the movie shows his progress learning tango. 
5- The Tango Lesson (1997) - So, it is old and the story is silly, but we will see people that we know, like Fabian Salas, making an appearance. The soundtrack is worth it.
6- Tango (1998) - I really like the soundtrack and with an special guest, among others, Juan Carlos Copes (who was in the past one of the great names of tango in Argentina).
7- White nights (1985) - with Mikhail Baryshnikov and Gregory Hynes. Does anyone remember it??This movie has so much story: Oscar winning song "Say you, say me"; Helen Mirren met her husband (in real life) - the director of the movie; the talented and beautiful Isabella Rossellini had her debut in the cinema, in addition to the good political plot and the amazing dance scenes of Baryshnikov and Hynes. 

I watch more movies than I can count, but not all related to dance. 
I hope you enjoy my little list.Be well! Warmly,

KATHYA,
TSoM Board Member
To respond to this email: tsom-board@mntango.org

 
To post a message on TSoM News send your information in an email to: tsomnews@gmail.com

PLEASE NOTE:
replies to this email DO NOT go back to the original sender


Copyright © 2020 Tango Society, All rights reserved.
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.






This email was sent to kashtrash2003.checkmypost@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Tango Society · PO Box 24044 · Edina, MN 55424-0044 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment