Wednesday, May 3, 2017

[TSOM-Announce] Call for demonstration dancers

Greetings Tango Exhibitionists!

Want to make a big impression on the next generation??

I have been asked by a 3rd grade teacher at Glen Lake Elementary School (Cheryl Jones) to help her class celebrate "Argentina!" 

I'll let her explain:

Our 3rd grade students get to take a "trip around the world" and, since we just went to Argentina for spring break [I think her and her family], I am organizing Argentina!  One of my favorite things while there was a Tango show that we attended…it was thoughtful and beautiful and very classy! I think a tango would be an amazing compliment to our station.

She would like someone (one or two couples) to volunteer a 30-60 min time slot to perform and tell tall tales about the dance and Buenos Aires. The date is Tuesday May 23rd, 1:30pm - 2:30pm. Those who have travelled to BsAs (hasn't everyone?) would be especially welcomed by the students.

I'll help coordinate the visit and get things all set up. I know it's a workday, but this will give you an excuse to leave work early. :-)

Glen Lake Elementary is located in Minnetonka at 4801 Woodridge Rd.

I promised Cheryl I'd report back by Friday. So a quick decision would be great. So get off your duff, grab your tango shoes, and pitch in! Call me at 612-850-3102 or email dgrowe201@icloud.com

Don


Donald Rowe
Events Coordinator
Tango Society of Minnesota

No comments:

Post a Comment