Monday, April 3, 2017

[TSOM-Announce] Fwd: out with the old??? April and Tango&I




 

 
Preparing for a tango weekend.
In order to be a better dancer, you have to want to work at it. Which is not an easy task. To me though, every time there is a tango weekend coming up, either here or somewhere out of town, my tango tells me  "I am ready."   
Shoes that swivel well, clothes that you can move in freely. Some  dressier clothes for the milonga,  Indeed I am ready. ( Oh, and my dry shampoo - great when it gets hot and sticky, and only one side of the hair needs washing)      In the beginning there was so much I could blame on my choice of outfit, and my danceability.  Oh, these shoes do not pivot, or that belt is to tight, I cannot see without my glasses, but cannot dance with them on.  Delicious little excuses, and they worked. Until, they simply do not work any longer.......    The lack of tango knowledge will get you every time.  But you go to class, you are practicing at the practicas. You walk your walk behind the grocery cart.  And when  you hug your cousin, you make sure you stand up straight so your arms can do the real embracing.    And you will notice, more  people are seeking you out to dance with, until finally you are dancing with that one person. This person is the tango bomb, and you are now on the dance floor, the music starts and .....what the hell is the DJ playing??? NEVER heard this song before. My partner is much taller then I thought? Why is he/she holding me so funny, am I doing something wrong?  Ugh, I have to sneeze, hold it in.....uncomfortable. Can't think of anything else but my itchy nose. Ow, I just stepped on my own foot. Damn missed the ending of this stupid song........ 
Next time I will do better!  So, I go back home,and attend the musicality classes and workshops. I go to spotify and listen to the tango radio,tap my feet, make little circles. I even learn a name or two of the orchestras.  
Now I am really ready for the next tango weekend, where, during a cortina, I glimpse that face of the tango dance Goddess.....I pop an antihistamine, I first listen to what the DJ has in stock for us, I nod across the floor, take off my glasses. I am ready!!!  If only I was wearing my other tango shoes.

April and Tango & I

At Tango & I we strive to give the tango student full tango experience. The choices you have to learn tango: diverse group classes where we dig in new material, technique classes, practicas, milongas, private lessons, tango challenge.    
Check out our website www.tangoandi.com
We have a beginner class every Saturday morning at 10 and Wednesday evening at 6.30.    Wonderful class where you learn all the foundations needed to lead and to follow well. No need to bring a partner.
In addition to the beginner class, we have an All level class, and intermediate/advanced class on Wednesday evenings, plus a tango technique class on Saturday mornings followed by the practica.

 
Wednesday evenings
6.30 Beginner- foundations 
7.30 All Level - the introduction to Chicho and Juana style
8.30 Intermediate/advanced - Chicho and Juana material

Saturday mornings
10 am Beginner - foundations
10 am Technique class ( note the dates)
11 am - 1pm Tango Practica

Private lessons?
Please contact Sabine here 
15 minute private lessons during practica?  Contact here

Dates:
April 22 NO technique class
April 22 Tango con~fusion Milonga
 
TECHNIQUE CLASSES with
Sabine Ibes

In April we will be working on Tango Technique. Dance technique for leaders AND followers. Every Saturday morning at 10
 
When you study movement in your body, you create awareness. The more awareness you have, the more possibilities to learn the intricate tango sequences and embellishments.  Some movement is different for leaders and for followers, some is different because men and women's bodies are build in complex ways.     This class is for ALL LEVELS, and is a great warm up to the practica that follows the class!

ALL GROUP CLASSES ARE TAUGHT AT DANCE LIFE BALLROOM, MINNEAPOLIS

Entice your friends to learn the tango!

Let them join for the first 4 lessons and then they receive 2 lessons for free AND YOU WILL TOO!!!!!

Your friends will really enjoy seeing a friendly face in their first class, join them, and you stay for the second class! It is so much more fun to learn with a friendly group of people and do you remember dancing with somebody who knew how to move?

Every Wednesday evening at 6.30 OR saturday morning at 10
 

Style of dancing tango, style of teaching tango, style of learning tango.
Chicho and Juana movement in our class this month

In other words:  YOUR tango style.  We all have our own stories about how we discovered the Argentine Tango. But somewhere in that story there is a moment where each of us saw the the dance in a movie, on a stage, at a party,  a dance class, a poster. In that moment you were able to picture yourself dancing the tango.       There are many ways to express the tango, which brings me to the teachers.  We have many tango teachers across the globe. And each has their own way of expressing themselves, which makes them all unique.  

This past weekend 2 teachers were teaching in Rochester, MN. Chicho Frumboli and Juana Sulpeveda.  They have a very distinct tango style. Very playful and the musicality is always an intricate part of their expression.    

In our classes this month we will research their way of moving. To make it part of your tango knowledge. With that, you can decide how to use it, and how to integrate it your style of tango.  

We will use some of the material that was taught in the workshops, but not to worry; it is especially interesting for all students. You will do the exploring, you will do the work. Here is a video for you to enjoy.    See you in class this week!

 

Tango musicality workshops by Paul Lohman and Sabine Ibes

Mark your calendars!  Saturday May 20th Paul and Sabine are teaming up again to bring you closer to Argentine Tango music and ways to express yourself.  We will have more detailed information coming soon!

Copyright © 2017 Tango and I, All rights reserved.


Our mailing address is:
Tango and I
5816 Pleasant Ave
Minneapolis, Mn 55410

Add us to your address book




--

No comments:

Post a Comment