Friday, December 11, 2015

[TSOM-Announce] Tango with Loisa: Last Ernest Williams classes, Sat. Workshop on Milonga, Boutique!

Saturday, December 12th, 1:30:  Workshop with Ernest Williams on Milonga con Flaco Dany. Ernest recently spent time in Buenos Aires taking classes with the master of milonga, Flaco Dany. He is going to share them with us! Ernest was already pretty good at milonga before he had these classes, I am sure he is incredible now. I can't wait to get the secrets! 1:30, 3142 1st Ave S. (Come early or stay late for some Tango Boutique time)

The Tango Boutique is restocked!! The lovely ladies who came with me to Buenos Aires helped me to shop, and we found some really beautiful items. Clothing, shoes, music, posters, etc. Shoes priced from $125 to $190. Clothing from $35 to $150.  I also accept items on consignment, so you may find a really great bargain. Call for a private appointment, or shop during lessons.

Last days to schedule privates with Ernest!  Call or email him now! ernest@tangolifeinc.com.

And now that I'm back from Buenos Aires, I am scheduling privates again. I have many new, interesting things to share! You (and your partners) are going to LOVE them! I especially encourage followers who are learning to lead to take privates from me. Leading for a woman is different, based on our body types and weight distribution. Plus there are other issues, like an unconscious fear among our partners that we are too small to care for them, or just not serious about leading. I have led women and men, from under 5' to over 6', advanced to beginners. Let me help you to learn the tricks to overcome any and all issues, and be an incredible leader!

Holiday Schedule:  All classes are on as usual. Thursday, December 24th, we will open the studio after the 7:30 lessons to a Holiday open house, with food, wine and tango music.  We are still thinking about renting a space for a New Year's Eve milonga, please encourage me to do so if you are interested in a community-wide Tango New Year's Eve.

Loisa Donnay
612.822.8436
www.mndance.com

Tango Musings: I just returned from Buenos Aires. It always pains me to hear, from both women and men there, that "they prefer dancing with Argentines. Men and women from the US and Europe just don't get it." Then, of course they list the exceptions (luckily I am one) but overall, there is a prejudice against non-Argentines. I feel it, too, as I am dancing there. I understand why - Argentines learn differently from us, so when people from the US and Europe take classes, they take away something different from an Argentine. This was very clear to me when I took classes in Buenos Aires, both leading and following. I could feel the difference in the interpretation of the teacher's words by the men and women from outside BAires. So, it is up to me as the teacher to understand this, and to be careful to teach in a way that helps the non-Argentine to understand the subtleties of this beautiful dance. You know I'm dedicated to that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment