Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Tango with Loisa: COVID-19 cancellations, on-line classes

TSoM News is a service of the Tango Society of Minnesota.
Become a supporting member today at: 
https://www.mntango.org/membership/
Classes, workshops, events in tango this week  
 
 
 
 
Friend on Facebook
Follow on Twitter
Forward to a Friend
 

Regular Group Lessons Class and Event Calendar

Classes this Week: Because of the concern over the threat of Covid 19, we will cancel all of this week's classes. But that doesn't mean that you should give up your opportunity to improve your tango! First of all - do these things:
  • Do some excellent tango walking (some fresh air will do you good anyway) Take nice long steps, using the tango rhythm, keeping your posture. 
  • Do some ochos. Backwards, forwards, with a wall or without.
  • Practice with your tango sticks (https://youtu.be/)
On Tuesday night, we will have an on-line video conference lesson. Join us for some great tango conversation, about the music, history, culture, etc. We'll probably also be able to cover some technique and maybe I'll demonstrate a move you can practice with your sticks! Go to :  https://calendar.google.com/p.calendar.google.com  and click on Hangouts.

If you have paid the monthly fee for March, you do not need to pay for April, Your March fee will cover April as well.

Tuesday Milonga: Alas, cancelled this week and next. Please send your birthday wishes to David, and maybe we'll be able to recreate it soon.

Musings: This has been such a hard decision for me, because I rarely cancel. I am lucky that I can always make it to class (I have a VERY short commute, and always easy parking😊) and seem to never get sick.  And so, let us continue on that cheery note. I have been partner dancing for 30 years, multiple times per week, with many different people, and I can hardly remember a time when I have gotten sick. I think I had more colds back before I started dancing. Does partner dancing impart an immunity? Maybe it's the exposure, maybe it's the exercise, or maybe it's just that dancers are happier, more gleeful, smile and laugh a whole lot more, and have a nice big support group behind them. So maybe we'll miss the exposure and the exercise for a while, but we will always, always have that big support group behind us. I love you guys!!
 
Dance Boutique

Tango Boutique!

Clothes, shoes and accessories for the dancer.  Clothes that fit, stay on, have color, flow beautifully, with real style.  And great prices! Shoes from $40 to $150, including some great values in preowned.  All clothes under $100. Come and shop during parties and get an unbiased opinion from seasoned tango dancers. :)
Buenos Aires milonga

Buenos Aires!

Time to plan for 2020 if you want to go on my tour! The 2020 trip will be in November to December. Pick the dates that work for you and let me know so I can arrange housing. I'll need to know for sure, with a deposit, by the end of July 2020. Limited space is available, so that I can give you the attention you deserve. We have so much fun! See the website for more info.
Copyright © 2019 Dance with Lois Donnay, All rights reserved.
Our address is:
Dance with Lois Donnay
3142 1st Ave S
Minneapolis, MN 55408
 
 
 
To post a message on TSoM News send your information in an email to: tsomnews@gmail.com
Copyright © 2020 Tango Society, All rights reserved.
Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list.






This email was sent to kashtrash2003.checkmypost@blogger.com
why did I get this?    unsubscribe from this list    update subscription preferences
Tango Society · PO Box 24044 · Edina, MN 55424-0044 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

No comments:

Post a Comment