Tuesday, December 5, 2017

[TSOM-Announce] Fwd: December Tango & I newsletter😊



Tango & I Newsletter

O.M.G. guess what??

In order to let you in on all the tango gossip, you have to take a seat at the milonga tables! There you will find out who just got back from a wonderful tango festival, or who has a love triangle with  Valz, Tango and Milonga. ( I have heard Tango dresses up like  Milonga and then just slowly makes you realize who is boss!) Have you heard about that tango DJ who boldly seduces you with her Pugliese? Almost outrageous, the way she will smile at you from her dark table in the corner, one little light shining at her eyes, where she will cabaceo you with her dark sultry tunes from the past. 
You will be pulled in, wanting to know more through the art of Argentine Tango!!!  
You should come out to milongas, where? I am glad you asked:
Check out the Tango Society of Minnesota website

Meet our new Tango & I team member

Darla Grey

Morgan Keil, Tango facilitator

I stumbled upon Argentine Tango in early 2015 while dancing salsa.  I was initially drawn in by sheer curiosity.  It was the connection, community, wonder, and joy that kept me here.  Argentine tango has taught me new things about
movement and music.  It can be as simple or as complicated as you are ready for.  If you can walk, you can dance tango.  However, there are also unending possibilities to explore within each movement.  It is a dance that I have found to be both accessible and engaging.  As a school teacher I love the aspect of learning that is inherent in this dance.  

 
New students will quickly become familiar with the idea of practicas; times where the community comes together to share and practice what they have learned with their peers. I love working with others to figure out what makes great movement happen, and I look forward to continuing to deepen my understanding of myself and others within this wonderful dance.
Morgan  is  present at all of our classes and practicas!

Tango & I "gossip"

Moving??

AND we are moving.....but not yet
Our previous "new" location fell through! So, as I am writing this newsletter,  the lease for the other new place is being looked over by a legal adviser. It could be a lovely place for us! Not far from the old location. I promise I will know more in a week! In the mean time keep your fingers crossed!!!

Melina Brufman

Abstract Shapes Mural
Planting a tango seed! End of March/beginning of April My teacher Melina Brufman will be in town! I am very very excited about her coming  here! She will be teaching  our regular classes AND we will add in some extras! And yes: private lessons  available!
Excellent leader and follower!  Watch her here!
 

Holiday class treats

Ready to get started? Ready to review? Come and join our beginner classes! Every Wednesday evening and Saturday morning! 
  
For our ALL LEVEL CLASSES 
Every class will be a different surprise! A holiday treat from us to you! You can walk in any class and find a complete new tango adventure for you with lots of trimmings and sparkle! 

Our INTERMEDIATE/ADVANCED CLASS
You can fill out a tango wish list: WHAT DO YOU WANT TO LEARN NEXT?  Fill it out right here:
We will make  sure to check it twice and to see who have been naughty or nice!!

Dec. 21 Solstice Milonga

Ghost of Me Mural
Winter Solstice heralds the symbolic rebirth of the Sun, the lengthening of days, and the promise of renewed life.....
And some kickass tango dancing outside in the snow!!! ( with the help of fire cauldrons and hot drinks)
Details plus let us know you are coming on Facebook!
Xray Saint Mural








Our schedule:

Wednesday evenings
6.30 Beginner class
7.30 All level class
8.30 Intermediate / advanced class
Saturday mornings
10 Beginner class
11 Practica

No classes nor practica on Saturday Dec. 23
SPECIAL MILONGA: Thursday Dec. 21 - solstice milonga
No Tango con~fusion Saturday Dec. 23

Keep posted with videos, tango news, snow updates by liking us on Facebook!

PRIVATE LESSONS? why yes!? contact Sabine
www.tangoandi.com
view this email in your browser
Copyright © 2017 Tango and I, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:





--

No comments:

Post a Comment