Monday, October 26, 2015

[TSOM-Announce] anyone interested

This email was received from the woman Nancy whom some of you met at a recent milonga.  TSoM board does not bring in instructors; however, I thought I'd pass this on to TSoM members in case anyone has interest in encouraging this instructor.

 

Nance Hoeft tangonance@gmail.com

12:38 AM (9 hours ago)
to tsom-board
To Minneapolis Tango Board,

I have just returned to Carmel, California. I'm so happy that I flew in to the Minneapolis Airport  on October 10th & danced my first mid west Tango a few hours later at Four Season's. Everyone was so friendly & I felt very welcome. The mid west is just the best when it comes to hospitality. Truly, you were the highlight of my trip. The next 10 days I spent with aging parents in a difficult chapter of their lives.

I am an organizer here in California working solely with David Chiu.  I would like to return to Minneapolis Tango when I fly back to visit my parents. I'm wondering if you might be interested in having David Chiu come with me as a guest instructor. I have been bringing him from Los Angeles to the Monterey Peninsula for the past six years. We are currently working on the 2016 calendar & have some possible times available.

Below is a brief bio for David. You might still be able to see him on your PBS channel. He just performed with Romina Levine (from Forever Tango) at the Imagen Awards Ceremony in Hollywood.

I look forward to hearing from you .

Best,
Nance

David Chiu is an inspirational, innovative and cutting edge tango Instructor based in Los Angeles. His students get immediate results in a fun and nurturing learning environment. David's clear teaching and keen eye guide his students to incorporate new movement in their bodies easily. His style combines classic elegance with Nuevo in close embrace. David has been dancing for 17 years and teaching tango for the last 12 years. He has studied extensively with Juan Carlos & Johana Copes, Osvaldo Zotto & Lorena Ermocida and Gustavo Naveira & Giselle Anne.  Additionally, playing piano since the age of four, gives David the ability to guide his students in the use of musicality in their dancing. He has been a featured International Performer at Tango Festivals in Taiwan and Korea. He also choreographed for Dancing With the Stars, Season III. Recently, he won the New York City Tango Festival Competition.
 
Fran
612-869-8971

No comments:

Post a Comment